Blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies are two subject areas that have received large-scale media attention almost every day for various reasons- be it positive or negative. However, one thing is clear; the two terms polarize and fascinate both the crypto community and the uninitiated in equal measure. And If this momentum is properly used, it can lead to attractive opportunities for marketing your blockchain and crypto company. Our post shows you some crypto marketing tips to consider in an effective blockchain and crypto marketing strategy.
Before we start, let us bring the newbies to the cryptocurrency industry up to speed on some basic information about the two terms blockchain and cryptocurrency.
Cryptocurrency in a Nutshell:
- Digital currency with a mostly decentralized secure payment system.
- The term crypto comes from the cryptographic security of the digital currency, which requires such.
- Examples of cryptocurrencies are Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Ripple.
- The system behind cryptocurrencies is called the blockchain.
Blockchain in a Nutshell:
- Blockchain technology is considered a world-changing or world-improving technology.
- It was initially introduced as a tracking platform for all transactions for the cryptocurrency Bitcoin.
- #Fact: Most technology experts only recognized the potential of blockchain technology after the introduction of bitcoin in 2008. Experts discovered other use cases for it after the launch of Bitcoin. It was also then that they found the technology even more valuable than just as a means of payment in the long term!
- In principle, blockchain is a technology that can be used as a permanent and uncrackable journal for recording any information and transactions.
- Only over time was it recognized that this simple journal technology offers an ideal platform for various innovative new applications.
- The added value of blockchain goes much further than generating additional capitalist and profit-oriented business cases. For example, part of the population in East Africa has access to e-banking for the first time – all thanks to the Wala company.
- The blockchain serves as leverage for decentralizing companies with a top-down hierarchy.
- Blockchain inspires many people to use technology in creative ways to benefit society and bring about groundbreaking new approaches.
Steps for Effective Crypto Marketing Strategies
Now let us outline some steps that will help you come up with foolproof and sound Crypto marketing strategies that will enable you to increase the online presence of your blockchain or crypto project
As with any marketing concept, the marketing strategy for blockchain and crypto companies starts with a situation analysis. In particular, the definition of the values, the unique selling proposition (USP), your business goals, your target audience, and your potential investors are essential. After precise positioning, other vital areas can be tackled, such as defining personas and perfecting the customer journey.
Definition of Online and Offline Marketing Measures
From the situation analysis and, in particular, the personas, you can derive concrete measures on the media (online and offline) outlet that is the best way to reach the target audience. In the online area, for example, topics such as social media, search engine advertising (SEA), search engine optimization (SEO), advertorials, and much more are exciting. However, true to the motto “Know your audience,” selecting the right online and offline marketing channels is an important thing to consider
Now, if you have a limited marketing budget and your target audience includes the blockchain and crypto community, then you should keep an eye on the following Social media marketing channels to increase your online presence:
However, if you want to reach the wider crypto community with your blockchain or crypto company, you should consider the following channels:
- Search engine optimized website
- Google AdWords
- Campaign-based activities on selected news platforms
- Targeted offline activities (event sponsoring, networking/events, advertisements, TV spots, etc.)
Other crypto marketing channels to consider to reach your target market include
- Promotions on top crypto news outlets.
- Affiliate marketing programs can also help spread the word about your project.
- Press releases on top crypto news sites
- Email Marketing
- Display campaigns
- Influencer Marketing, which includes employing Instagram and Twitter influencers and
The strategies listed above cost more and require a considerable marketing budget. However, if you have a more robust marketing budget you can outsource your marketing campaign to a cryptocurrency marketing company or social media marketing company as the case may be.
Necessary: The channels’ selection and the campaigns’ creation must be adapted to the target group, interests, and demographic characteristics. We happily support you in setting up your marketing strategy for specific channels.
Reporting of the Defined KPIs
To measure your marketing activities’ impact, capturing them in your marketing strategy for crypto and blockchain companies is essential. It would help if you broke this down into each marketing activity. It is also advisable to define the tools for measuring the individual KPIs.
Here are some examples of exciting KPIs:
Website: Unique Users, SEO Visibility, Specific Conversions
Blog posts: click rate, length of stay, conversions, impressions
Email Marketing: Open Rate, Click Rate, Subscriber Growth
Google AdWords: CTR (Click Through Rate), CPC (Cost Per Click), Conversions
Social media: engagement rate, click rate, response time
Events: number of contacts, registrations, and follower growth on other channels
Do you need support in designing your blockchain marketing strategy? Then you are exactly right with us! At CryptoBrandy we support you with a 360-degree marketing strategy so your crypto and blockchain company can take off. Of course, we can also help you implement your marketing measures. Contact us for a non-binding conversation, and we look forward to hearing from you!
image credit: wix.com