The Sandbox is back with another of its famous Game Jam Contests, The tower defense challenge. So it’s time to get your brains back in gear. This time, we’re working with the TOWER franchise to give away 15,000 $SAND tokens and a lot of NFTs.
The goal of the Tower Defense challenge
The goal of the game is for creative fans to utilize the Sandbox Game Maker to make the best tower defense game the metaverse has ever seen. Then, the top 10 people who entered will get their share of the huge prize pool.
The winner will get a whopping $6,000 in SAND and four PFP NFTs for “The Crazos.” The remaining winners will get the rest of the pool, with the prize dropping whenever a winner emerges. All winners will get at least one “Crazos” NFT, which is a new PFP collection that will be useful in the Animoca Brands universe.
Volunteers who want to take part must use The Sandbox Game Maker to create a unique experience with different game elements. Then send it in by uploading the results to the Game Maker gallery and filling out the official Tower Game Jam form.
Fans can finish their designs between July 25 and August 14. The winners will then be announced by The Sandbox and Tower on September 11.
Important Dates for the tower defense games challenge
- 25th of July- Game Jam commences
- August 14, 2022- Deadline to finish and send in your entry before 3 p.m. UTC.
- August 15 to September 4- submission and voting.
- September 11, 2022- results will be made public.
- Your game must be designed with Game Maker Software.
- You must include games you created by yourself.
- Your entry must have some playability (quests, missions, etc).
- Your entry must be original and not a copy of an experience (similarities are fine, but exact copies are highly prohibited!).
- Make sure your entries are highly quality
- If you don’t follow the steps correctly (see below), your entry might not be accepted.
Staff from both The Sandbox and Tower Defence will decide all winners.
What makes an entry valid?
- The game length should take at least 5 minutes.
- At least 25 different assets must be used.
- You must follow the storyline or theme
- The Sandbox has the right to take down any entry they want.
About Tower Defence Games
Tower defense (TD) is a type of strategy game where the goal is to defend a player’s territory or possessions by blocking enemy attackers or stopping enemies from getting to the exits. This is usually done by putting defensive structures on or along their path of attack.